Quakes Travel To Colorado With Slim Playoff Hopes
San Jose Notes and Injuries
Form — W-L-L-D-D (37 points, 8th place in Western Conference)
Last Week — The MLS respected the international break, and Chris Wondolowski, David Bingham, Kip Colvey, and Cordell Cato all played for their respective national teams.
- With three games remaining, a loss eliminates San Jose from playoff contention.
- Anibal Godoy and Jordan Stewart are one yellow card away from receiving suspensions for accumulation.
- Long-term San Jose injuries: Quincy Amarikwa, Marc Pelosi, Mark Sherrod, Bryan Meredith, Clarance Goodson.
Colorado Notes and Injuries
Form —W-W-D-D-W (54 points, 2nd place in Western Conference)
Last Week — The Rapids did not get a break for international matches, and celebrated by beating Houston 3-2 on the road.
- The Rapids have secured a playoff spot and a first-round bye.
- Four Colorado players — Sam Cronin, Marc Burch, Dominique Badji, and Axel Sjoberg — are one caution away from suspension for accumulation.
Expected Starting Lineup
With the season all but lost, we might see manager Dom Kinnear continue to experiment. Tommy Thompson could get another chance to start, but may not find space in the team with Alberto Quintero and Anibal Godoy well-rested after not being called up to the Panamanian national team. Expect Simon Dawkins up top with Wondo, and Goitom off the bench if the Quakes find themselves down.
Odds — Colorado +320, SJ -106, Draw +235
- The Quakes have not lost in 14 matches against Colorado, including an away draw less than a month ago.
- Last five San Jose matches: scored 1.0 goals per game, allowed 1.4 per game.
- Last five Colorado matches: scored 1.6 goals per game, allowed 1.0 per game.