Quakes Face Off Against FC Dallas in Western Conference Matchup
San Jose Notes and Injuries
Form — W-D-L-W-D (19 points, 6th place in Western Conference)
Last Week — San Jose allowed a late own goal in the second Cali Clásico of the season, but Fatai Alashe struck even later to earn a 1-1 draw with the Galaxy. Full highlights here.
- The Quakes are missing a significant group of players for Copa America: Chris Wondolowski (USA), Simon Dawkins (Jamaica), Anibal Godoy (Panama), and Alberto Quintero (Panama). These four have scored 12 of the Quakes’ 16 goals so far this season.
- Colin Etnire reported that both Quincy Amarikwa (hamstring) and Andres Imperiale (calf) participated in full training this week.
- Innocent (ankle) is out of Saturday’s match.
- Long-term San Jose injuries: Marc Pelosi, Clarence Goodson, Mark Sherrod.
Dallas Notes and Injuries
Form — L-L-W-W-W (26 points, 2nd place in Western Conference)
Last Week — After going behind 2-1 in the first half on two Lee Nguyen goals, FC Dallas turned it around to take a 4-2 away win against the New England Revolution.
- Forward Michael Barrios came off in the opening minutes of the game against the Revolution, but is not listed on the injury report.
- Carlos Gruezo (Ecuador) and Maynor Figueroa (Honduras) are away on national team duty. Kellyn Acosta (USA) was called up for the friendly against Ecuador last Wednesday, but should be back with the team for the trip to San Jose.
Predicted Starting Lineup
In the back line, Imperiale should be put back into the starting lineup if he is deemed fit, with Marvell Wynne moving back to right back and Kofi Sarkodie making way. Up top, Amarikwa could also jump right back into the starting XI after an injury, allowing the Quakes to keep their standard 4-4-2 shape. Shea Salinas, Tommy Thompson, and Matías Pérez García should be the starters with Qunitero, Godoy, and Dawkins missing.
Odds — Dallas +186, SJ +144, Draw +244
- These teams played to a 2-2 draw in their first meeting this season in Dallas in April.
- The Quakes have not beaten FC Dallas in their last five meetings.
- Getting the road point moved the Quakes up two spots in the mlssoccer.com power rankings, to eight position.
- A third straight win moved FC Dallas to third in the rankings, a three position jump.
- Last five San Jose matches: scored 1.2 goals per game, allowed 1.0 per game.
- Last five FC Dallas matches: scored 1.6 goals per game, allowed 1.6 per game.
Photo: USA Today Sports