3/19 Regular Season: LA Galaxy vs. SJ Earthquakes Pre Match Scouting Report
San Jose Notes and Injuries
Form — W-W (6 points, 2nd place in Western Conference)
Last Week — Another goal from Chris Wondolowski and a wonder-strike by Quincy Amarikwa propelled to their second win of the season over defending MLS Cup Champions Portland. Full highlights here.
- Fatai Alashe has been called up to the U.S. U-23 Training Camp ahead of a two-legged qualifying matchup against Colombia.
- Chad Barrett and Cordell Cato are both still listed as out for Saturday’s match, while Shaun Francis and Andres Imperiale are questionable.
Los Angeles Notes and Injuries
Form — L-W (3 points, 5th place in Western Conference)
Last Week — The Galaxy were beaten at Colorado thanks to a last-gasp goal from Marco Pappa, giving the Rapids a 1-0 win.
- The Galaxy are dealing with a number of injuries at the moment, and Dan Kennedy and Leonardo are definitely out of Saturday’s fixture. Gio Dos Santos, Ashley Cole, and Alan Gordon are all struggling with injuries and are questionable.
Predicted Starting Lineup
Unless Imperiale or Francis are deemed ready to play, look for Dom Kinnear to field the same lineup as last week. Matías Pérez García may feature on one of the wings in place of Simon Dawkins or Alberto Quintero if Kinnear feels any rotation is necessary.
Odds — Portland -163, SJ +485, Draw +317
Following their second straight win, the Quakes moved all the way to sixth in the mlssoccer.com power rankings, up from 13th.
- The Galaxy dropped a spot to seventh following the loss to Colorado, down from sixth.
The home team won each edition of the California Classico last season, the last of which was a 1-0 win for the the Quakes in August.
- In case you missed it, there was a midweek duel between Quakes and Galaxy writers after LAG Confidential posted a harshly-titled editorial and Center Line Soccer writer Colin Etnire (u/TheCockerelsCry) responded.