7/10 Regular Season SJ Earthquakes vs. Houston Dynamo Pre Match Scouting Report
Photo: San Jose Earthquakes Facebook
San Jose Notes and Injuries
Form — D-L-L-W-D (21 points, 7th place in Western Conference)
- Wondo (USA) and Cordell Cato (Trinidad and Tobago) will be missing the game due to Gold Cup.
- Jordan Stewart is suspended for this game due to a elbow/high arm he threw at a Portland player last Sunday.
- Innocent and Steven Lenhart remain on the long-term injury list.
According to him, Matias Perez Garcia should be available for the game tonight. Whether he starts or not is the question.
Houston Notes and Injuries
Form — L-W-W-D-L (25 points, 9th place in Western Conference)
- Houston will be missing Giles Barnes (Jamaica), Boniek Garcia (Honduras), Jermaine Taylor (Jamaica), and Luis Garrido (Honduras) due to Gold Cup.
Predicted Starting Lineup
Kinnear mentioned earlier in the week that Amarikwa would have some kind of impact on the game tonight, and I think this would be the perfect game to insert him into the starting XI. Apart from that, there aren’t really many shockers.
Tommy Thompson could start over Matias Perez Garcia if he wasn’t 100%, and Sanna Nyassi could start in place of Leandro Barrera – but I think Barrera looked good last time out and deserved another go with a stronger lineup.
- The Quakes dropped 3 spots in MLSSoccer.com’s power rankings from 8th to 11th after the 1-0 loss at Portland.
- The Dynamo dropped 2 places from 16th to 18th after their 1-1 draw with Chicago at home.
- Last time out against Houston, the Quakes were able to pick up 3 crucial points on a 3 game road trip in the span of a little more than a week.
Interpret this how you want.